How to Create Drop Down List in Excel:
Microsoft Office is one of the most well-known software among all the people. As we all know that it is very easy and as well as very handy so that every person can easily handle it, Like every other powerful software Microsoft office also has very complex operations which are hidden and can be revelled by just simple shortcuts, Here is the simple guild about How to Create Drop Down List in Excel.
So follow this simple steps to learn about How to Create Drop Down List in Excel in the next few minutes we recommend you not to skip so that you can understand it more clear.
Uses of Creating Drop Down list in Excel:
It is very much interactive for the users to have a drop-down list to select their own option, More interactiveness leads to more sales but we know that it can be easily done within the forms but what if I said the drop-down menus can also be created by excel for free, Yes you heard it right we can create drop-down menus in Excel so that your product leads can be increased by keeping surveys.
Con’s of creating a drop-down menu:
- You can only open a drop-down menu in the respected cell, means you can’t able to write on your own on the same cell.
Create Drop Down List in Excel:
Method1: Create Drop Down in Excel directly:
- First, you need to select one cell to create a drop-down
- Now head over to “Data” which is present on the top of your Excel sheet and click on that
- Then you can observe a “Data validation tab” under the Data menu, Click on that
- Now select List under the Validation Criteria and Type the names of your Drop-down list under the source tab by separating them with commas, For the better understanding see the picture below.
- Then Click ok and that’s it the Drop Down in Excel has been created successfully.
Method2: Create Drop Down in Excel from the Cells:
If you are not much clear about the first method then no problem follow the second method.
- In this method first type the word’s which you need to be shown in the drop-down in the different cells.
- Then as mentioned in the first method first head over to Data tab in the menus and tap on that.
- Now click on the Data validation submenu.
- Then as shown in the first method Select the “List” under the Allow option.
- Now in the source option tap on the small button and select the Cells which you have wrote the drop-down menu headings, And tap Ok.
- That’s it the Dropdown list in excel has been created.
How to Create Drop Down List in Excel:- Conclusion
Like any other software Excel is also very powerful software, where you can easily customize your data in a visual way but the only problem in this high-end software are they contains more shortcuts where most of the people should learn a course to make a clear-cut understanding of this software. By reading this article I am assuming that you have understood how to create drop down list in excel Do make sure to spread a word about this article.